Kalamazoo Kennel Club History
On February 10, 1948, 15 local residents who wanted to share their enthusiasm, interests and love of dogs met to form a kennel club. This meeting brought forth the Kalamazoo Kennel Club (KKC), incorporated on 15 March 1948.
Initially, the Kalamazoo Kennel Club met in rented halls and member's homes. In 1986 the club members decided that they needed their own building. Plans were discussed and a search for property began.
In May 1987 the membership purchased a site and two years later approved construction of a building to be used for club activities. In December 1989, a 9000 square foot building was completed and occupied. In September 2000, we satisfied the debt and burned the mortgage.